Saturday, November 27, 2010

Getting Old--




How do you feel about getting OLD!!??  Happy or just a tad bit SAD or unhappy?  Seems to me like I never though much about getting old like I have this year!! 65 has seemed to be like an age of changes and of seeing myself looking and definitely feeling OLD!!  With each new year I usually feel some difference especially since turning 50, but this year I notice that there has been a BIG change!!

I thought that one could get pretty discouraged if you let yourself...OR...You could look at it on the BRIGHT SIDE!!  What are the advantages?  There has to be some or is there?

I definitely can tell you the disadvantages easier than I can the good side of getting OLD!!  Think and see if you can come up with a good list for getting a bit older....

Hm..Let's see hopefully I can think of a couple...Getting older gets you a Senior Discount at restaurants, clothing stores and some other places.  Remember when you wanted to so badly be a Senior in high school..then you thought you would have arrived?  Once you got there you realized that you really had not arrived...just got older and quickly thrown out into this crazy world with all the responsiblities that you were not really ready for....Well now we are Seniors again.  This time it is really different!!!

I always thought as you aged that people would give you more RESPECT Somedays I think that respect has gone out the window.  Then somedays I feel like it is back!! 

I believe that you do gain a lot of WISDOM as you age!!  Knowing what to do with it can be the next problem.  I have gained quite a lot I believe. The wisdom that I believe I have gained as definitely came from learning and studying the Bible.  God has placed so many wonderful words of faith, hope, and Joy into his pages.  Studying them will help you to gain and understand life.  God wants us to live in His world in peace and happiness.    I do not worry like I used too.  I finally figured it out that worry never hurts anyone except yourself.  THEN why do it?  God is there to handle our problems anyway..RIGHT?  Wisdom comes from God!!

Guess getting SOCIAL SECURITY is a plus!!  Not that it is a fortune but it is better than NOT getting anything at all!!  MEDICARE  I am not sure about still but I guess it is good to have also.  I know the younger people are saying that there will be no Social Security left for them when they reach the good old retiring age.  I don't know about that.  Just thankful that we get some now when we really need it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Age Insults:
============================
You are so old, the candles on your birthday cake raised earths temperature by 3 degrees.
You are so old, when you were a kid rainbows were black and white.
You are so old, you fart dust.
You are so old, you sat next to Jesus in school.
You are so old, you walked into an antique shop and they sold you.
You are so old, your birth-certificate expired.
You are so old, if you to acted your age, you'd die.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure that there are other advantages...leave me a comment with some new ones!!  Waiting to hear!!

Hope you are well in your part of the world.....

Blessings!!!

A reporter was interviewing a 104 year-old woman: "And what do you think is
the best thing about being 104?" the reporter asked.

She simply replied, "No peer pressure."


No comments:

Post a Comment