Monday, November 8, 2010

It is November 8th and today the temp got to around 70 degrees!!  This has been a most beautiful Fall!!  It is like God is saying well since you just returned from the beautiful South we will let you have some GREAT weather before the COLD and NASTY stuff comes blowing in!!  Thank you God if that is what you are thinking!!  I know, I know, I am not at all that special!!  It is nice to think so if just for a couple of minutes!!

Yes this is ME...the middle age goddess!!

We had a fun Halloween here.  I think it is one of the first times in years that I HAVE HAD fun!!  I had seen a very ugly mask in Tuscola.  It was kind of expensive so I decided to wait.  By the next week, it was 50% and it was mine!!  Everyone else here was putting on makeup and trying so hard but I just had 3 things for my outfit!!  I put the mask on; took my black shawl and tired it around my neck then put a blanket on my knees.  I sat in a rocking chair with the candy.  I sat there rocking back and forth.  When a child would come up, I would cackle as best as I could and tell them that I loooovvvve to eat  children.  Then I would shake so badly that I sometimes missed their candy baskets!!  It was such fun!!  I, unfortunately made one little girl cry!!  Made me feel horrible!!  WE did have our pictures taken a lot!!  We had one family that came around that I thought was very ingenious and cool!!  They were all dressed like the characters in Wizard of Oz!! 
We just had the best of Halloween's....I want to have fun like this again next year!!  The house was all decorated on the outside.  Just a fun time!!

The guys have been working on our apartment downstairs!!  It takes a lot of the inside work before the good stuff starts showing up.  We do now finally have the dining/room kitchen all dry walled and the kitchen cabinets.  We bought this cute little white 5 ft fridge (If a refrig can be "cute).  It is just little but it will have enough room in it for just us!! I am so ready to get moved down there but it is still going to be a bit!!

Isn't this going to be a cute kitchenett!!???  Mike got the Korian counterpot and molded twin sinks that would have cost $1500.00...very inexpensively.  The customer did not like them because there was no backsplash...so they returned them. They had them marked down to $300 and some dollars.  Mike saw them at Lowes and asked if they were just going to get rid of them.  The lady said that he could have them and what price did he want to pay.  He told her $50.00!!  She said great!!  We now have a great countertop and double sinks.Our little frig is not in this picture but it goes to the left of these cabinets!!  I can hardly wait to get all moved down there.  Mike is hoping by Christmas!!  YES!!!

Hope all is well in blogging land!!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment