Monday, May 16, 2011


Taken in Savannah, Ga.


Monday again!!  A start of a new week!!  Our weather here has been just awful so anything new would be good for sure!! 

I am now on a cane...I can say that is better than a walker or a wheel chair.  I have not much enjoyed thse past 2 months but I do know that I have learned some life lessons.  I think that is one of the reasons that things like this happen to us.  I don't believe that God made me fall I do not believe that I just mean that we go through this types of happenings in our lives only to come out on the other side a changed but wiser person. At least that is what I hope I will see.  I already do see some things and I am sure more is going to be coming my way.  Another thing is that we need to be looking for these things.  Looking helps us to see what God wants us to see and remember.  I think sometimes that this is the reason some people cannot see God working!!  Open our eyes that we may see!! 

I am still having a time with living here in Illinois.  I love Illinois after all this is where I was born and lived for years.  Mike and I were talking the other day at lunch and I was reminded what Paul said in the bible. 

Philippians 4:11-13 (King James Version)


11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever STATE I am, therewith to be content.
12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I first learned this verse in the King James Version...It says here in whatsover state I am..to be content.  I told Mike that I was content in the STATE of Georgia..Now I am learning to be content in the STATE of Illinois!!  I know of course this is not what Paul meant EXACTLY!!  But it is what I want to see in these verses for now.  I am trying to be content.  I have not been able to get out much or make any friends and believe me that is the hardest part of moving...Making new friends and getting involved in things that will keep me busy.

Also that verse tells us that I can do all things through Christ because he is strengthening me...Again, we have to learn this lesson.  As I age though I am beginning to understand these principles more and more.  Take one day at a time just like my husband has always told me to do and I will be happy!!  EASY!!

My dad is starting to get worse day by day. He is very weak and cannot stand on his legs anymore.  Mother is trying her best to take care of him.  I think that they will be getting a hospital bed this week from Hospice.  Mike and i went to see them Saturday.  Dad told me right away that he was not worth anything...I so hate this for my paretns.  Both of them are trying to keep things together but it is getting so hard especially for Mother.  She is going through depression which I can easily understand.  I just wish that there was more that I could do for her. Dad wants to pass away at home so that is what Mother will do.  She wants to let him do whatever he wants.  What a time this is!! 

Mike is back to work today full time!!  This is his 3rd week back at work.  The first two weeks were part time!  He has jumped right back into the selling part and bringing in money for Lowe's...which they are grateful for.  He is walking pretty well but still having pain/ache.  Time is going to be what he needs yet.

That is about it from us here!!  As always I have been rambling but that is what I do anymore.  Ramble from here to there.  Waiting for Home care to come now and hoping to be released!!  I need to get back to driving...soon...please!!

Thougth for the day:  The advantage of exercising every day is so when you die, they'll say, Well, she looks good doesn't she.'  SMILE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment