Thursday, April 7, 2011

Handicapped in Illinois



Since my last post I have had 2 casts!!  The first one was purple and all autographed in silver pen...now I have a Daisy Yellow one (autographed again).  I wanted a bright cast to maybe make me feel more Springy.  I would like to tell you that it worked but I can only take so much of this sitting around and not being able to walk.



You know when life seems to be so normal and we maybe even think it is boring...we wonder!!  But let me tell you that once that s taken away from you...then normal seems like the best of all worlds.

This broken ankle (right) and sprang ankle (left) really are gettting to me after these past few weeks.  I am going on 4 weeks now.  I want to get up and walk.  My sprang ankle hurts a WHOLE lot more than my operated one in the cast.  I have found out that you can only read so many books...watch so many movies...sit only so long and then it all becomes derpessing.  I have heard it said that a spring can hurt more than a break...well it is true!!

I will admit that I have had a lot of problems accepting this handicap!!  I am not a one that loves to sit!!  I love to go and go and go!!  This has certainly dampened my activities  since I cannot walk.  I have a really great wheelchair...if there is a great wheelchair!!  I am learning how to get aound in it quite well.  BUT I still want to walk..run..that is not going to happen anytime soon.

I am in my 3rd week..almost 4th...but I think I have yet another 2-3 weeks to go.  Mike is doing great with his bi-lateral knee replacement!!  He is having a tough time right now but we were told that this is normal for this amount of time.  I just hope and pray that soon he gets all better.  Will make me feel better too!!

My brother is here now visiting with our parents.  Dad seems to be doing well...we all know that this is short-lived but we go now one day at a time and be thankful for this!!

Spring is trying hard to come here in Illinois!!  Spring was always my favorite season.  I miss the Savannah flowers and the warmer weather.  Cannot have both!!


Hopefully everyone is doing great in blog land.  I have been so lazy on blogging and on reading blogs.  I don't know why I cannot seem to do it anymore.  I love knowing that everyone that I have met over this past 6 years are doing great!! 

Thought for the day: 

 Life is short.....  forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile

1 comment:

  1. I think I'd go stir crazy as well if I couldn't walk. Makes you realize how much for granted we take our health and our limbs!! I do hope that it won't be much longer before you can start walking again, I'll say an extra little prayer for you:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete